Tuesday, March 3, 2009

So sorry

I just realized it's been nearly a week since I posted. This is criminal. But I have a good reason! I came to DC for a 3-day weekend and it turned into a 5-day one when it started snowing/sleeting on Sunday night and all the buses out of the district were cancelled. Mmmmmboo. It's Tuesday now and I'm sitting in A's apartment getting ready to go.

I had a bunch of stress dreams this morning about getting a job and my iPhone breaking and all this other random ish. Ugh. I didn't tell y'all but a few weeks ago I interviewed for a paid full-time internship with another national magazine's web site; I didn't hear back until last Thursday. They told me I was their top candidate, but they had some management shifts and decided to put the internship on hold until at least April, if they decide to hire anyone at all. Of course I was disappointed, because it seemed like it would actually be a great internship for me. But now I got another unpaid internship, which I start tomorrow. So I'll basically be working full-time for free. Is that even legal? Who knows. I just need to get as much experience as I can before someone will hire me for realz.

PS, things are great with A right now. I don't know what the future holds but I don't feel bad for wanting to do what makes me happy. And he makes me happy. So that's what I want to do. Twss?

Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. I got my best advice from Little Miss Sunshine:

    Do what makes you happy and fuck the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog (newest to oldest) & did you realize that in this post you mention having "a bunch of stress dreams this morning about getting a job and my iPhone breaking" & um ... well - both those dreams pretty much came true?!

    It struck me as pretty flipping neat so, I thought I'd point that out :-)

    Take care & keep writing!
    ~ J

    ReplyDelete