Monday, July 20, 2009

Best weekend evaaaar

Life in New York just keeps getting better. The city and I have a rather contentious (is that a word?) relationship at times, and it wouldn't be inaccurate to say that I have experienced some really unhappy times since I moved up here. But I've also had some really happy times, and since (thus far) July has been a much sunnier month than June was - literally, since it rained pretty much everyday in June - I have been able to do a lot more stuff and the city is really opening up for me.

Stuff I did this weekend:

- Went to brunch at this place in my hood, where they always charge you for only one mimosa, irregardless of how many you actually order lolz
- Went swimming at this pool I found near my house last week; it's free! Free I say. FREE.
- Lounged in Battery Park and sat on the water that looks out over the bay where Lady Liberty lives
- Had an epic dance night that involved a fountain
- Moved a new, smaller bed into my room; sleeping so well now that I'm up off tha flo
- Wandered around Harlem and ate at a diner by Z's house
- Took lots of cabs

Additional, awesome things I've done in the past week:

- Discovered this park by my house, complete with bridge over the highway that connects to a walkway by the East River
- Laid in the park to listen to a free concert by the NYC Philharmonic
- Laid in the park to listen to a free concert by the NYC Metropolitan Opera

I've said it before and I'll say it again: summer in NYC = the best thing ever. I fall more and more in love with Harlem every single day; I love my apartment, I love my street, I love my neighbors, I love the culture, I love that my two best friends in the city also live here. When I found the park, I envisioned raising my kids around it, bringing them to the pool in the summers, watching them play on the swings. Basically I never want to leave.

Majorly yours, until next time.

1 comment: