Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Missing the relationship gene, part II

From Merriam-Webster:

jaded (adj) - made dull, apathetic, or cynical by experience or by surfeit

That's about right. I'm feeling very dull, apathetic and cynical about love, relationships and men. Some questions I have:

- What is love?
- What does it mean to be in love?
- Can a man ever love me as much as I love him?, i.e. do men have the emotional capacity that women have?
- Sub-question: Could I ever be in love a woman? (Yeah, I said it.)
- Will I ever be satisfied?
- Do I demand too much?
- Is love an illusion created by old Hollywood movies, society, culture, etc?
- What is the point of relationships?
- Is it ever possible to really know another person?
- How can you ever truly trust another person, when people, by definition, are imperfect, unpredictable and more interested in themselves than anything else?

Ugh.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment