Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Crossroads

I think I'm at a crossroads in my life. Personally and professionally, I feel like I have some choices to make that will change the path of my life. It's weird to be an adult and to know that it's really up to you. Until now, I feel like my life has been made up of mostly easy decisions and decisions that were natural: going to IB, where to go to college, what major to pursue, etc. No one prepared me for real grown-up life, where making decisions is like being forced to light a sparkler in a pitch-black room: you hope you don't burn someone else or yourself, but you have no other option but to light it somewhere and hope for the best.

True, we have our brains and emotions and instincts to guide us, but what the hell do I know about that stuff, considering that I am pretty much questioning everything I thought I once knew about myself. Except for one thing: my flippant reaction to serious life situations. True to form, at the height of my discontent while thinking about my life today, this song popped into my head out of nowhere. It was a pleasant reminder that no matter what I choose or where my life leads me, I will always be Meghan, and I will always love bad hip-hop and rap and pop music, and I will always try to make people (including myself) happy when they feel down, and as long as we live in a world with music that makes us laugh at ourselves, it can't be all that bad.



Until next time.

1 comment: