Sunday, May 17, 2009

Unclasped

Around 8:30 this morning I woke up because I had to pee, and I heard this strange jingling noise. I thought it was coming from outside my open window, but when I got out of bed I looked down and one of my bracelets had come unclasped in my sleep; the jingling noise had been me rolling around on it and the pieces clinging together.

I love bracelets, and I have two that I wear all the time on my left arm. I never take them off. They were gifts from my mom and I love them, so I never see a need to remove them. Admittedly though, another part of the reason I never take them off - especially the bracelet I found in my bed this morning - is that it's nigh impossible for me to put them on my wrist by myself; I always need someone's assistance.

The fact that this bracelet came off in my sleep is bizarre enough. That has never happened before, and when I saw it I was quite disheartened because I knew I wouldn't be able to get it back on anytime soon. I can't help but feel the universe laughing at me. Ha! You broke up with your amazing boyfriend and now you're alone and your bracelet that never comes unlatched came off in your sleep and now you're all alone and don't you wish he were here to help you put it back on!

I sat on my bed for a minute trying to clasp it back myself, but then decided this Sunday is too lovely to be spent on pitiful attempts at solo reclasping. So I took the bracelet and put it in my jewelry box. Take that, universe.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment