Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Welcome to the circus (our lives)

Last night was Britney. You didn't think I was going to relegate the experience of Britney LIVE to just a "PS" did you? Here's the rest.

Before the show, Z, J and I had pre-Brit dinner/drinks at Brother Jimmy's - also known as BBQ central for NYC douchebags - and they were playing loud Britney-era music. I.e., the music from my glorious days as a middle schooler who donned blue mascara, Birkenstocks (What?? They were *so in circa 1999) and generally as much glitter as possible. I.e., Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, Britney, and Christina. We ordered a "fishbowl." I'm sure you can guess what that is. They blew a whistle when they brought it to us. Oh, and there was a gator in it that Z named, appropriately, Justin. Yeah, it was *awesome.























We sat in one of the windows on 31st street, which is literally right across the street from Madison Square Garden. Here's the view from my plate of pulled pork.























The only thing better than a 30-foot-tall paper Britney is a live and in-person 5'4" Britney. Here's a shitty iPhone photo I took from our seats. Because, like a fool, I left my real camera at home.


















Britney is definitely not the poppin' diva performer she used to be, but all in all it was a really fun show. She performed all her classics (minus "oops," wtf?) and we danced and sang. Unforch there were no crazy/hilarious/amazing moments to report via YouTube, but, you know. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment