Monday, January 18, 2010

Southern nap, FTW

I haven't been sleeping well in New York recently. My roommate has been home a lot and I have this psychological thing where even if she's not being loud and I can barely tell she's home at all, I know she's home, and that makes me antsy and anxious and I can't sleep well.

So naturally, when I came home to Bama Friday, after getting up at 5:30 a.m. to make my flight, I was exhausted and took a mid-afternoon nap. It was a nap for the win (FTW), or what I prefer to call a nap to the face.

This is why.




Because that's what I look like when I wake up from a nap to the face. My hair is fucked and my face is barely recognizable and - as I so helpfully point out in the bottom photo - I have a big mascara smear mysteriously located at least one full inch from my eye.

When I looked at myself in the mirror, my thought process went something like:

1. FUCK. Whoooooooa. Damn girl. Rough.
2. Ooooh! I should blog photos of how shitty I look.

Currently re-considering the wisdom of this sleepy decision.

9 comments:

  1. Yes lol the pictures are gone! It seems like the best naps are the ones that leave you looking completely fucked up when you wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel like i should let you know that your blog is one of the best ive ever come across. Just because its raining where i am and the thought of putting a smile on your face makes today less gloomy. dont ever stop writing. because i enjoy stalking your blog. <3 jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Southern Naps FTW are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. believe me you don't look that bad. I have looked far worse,
    see for yourself

    http://theblogofandyg.blogspot.com/2009/10/new-look-not-shop.html

    (don't worry its nothing dodgy)

    love your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi
    can we will be friends?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! You still look lovely, but I love the thought process! It's all about blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the kind comments, y'all.

    However, I have just noticed that I have full-blown man hand in the second photo. Wtfffff

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha well I am glad you did. You stilll look beautifurrr,

    ReplyDelete