Well, 2010 is here. 2009 is officially over, and I'm really happy about it. A lot of people have been talking shit about 2009 on Twitter (for whatever reason), but I'm here to rep it. 2009 was a really hard year for me, and I went through a lot of emotional downs; but 2009 also brought me a lot of happiness, and I have no regrets, and I will always remember it as the year I moved to New York and learned a lot about myself. That said, I am very ready to put it behind me and move on to 2010, looking nowhere but forward.
The other day on the plane home from Alabama, I wrote a list of things I hope to accomplish in 2010. It ended up being 10 things, which gives it a nice ring: Top 10 in 0-10, or something. Here is the unedited list, in order.
1. To see my play produced.
2. To write an episode of a TV show and see it filmed
3. To make some money on my blog, somehow
4. To see my blog plugged in some major or semi-major news/blog outlet
5. To blog in some official capacity for another site
6. To find someone to love
7. To be and stay healthy
8. To travel outside the country
9. To build new friendships and foster the ones I have
10. To better my own version of the world through volunteering or helping people however I can
I think most of these are quite reasonable, and in my control. Some others will require a bit of divine intervention, or destiny, or fate, or what-have-you. I have lots of faith, and still foster the belief that everything happens for a reason and the universe operates toward a general greater good.
So, time to wake up. Time to go. Let's do this.
22 hours ago