Friday, May 14, 2010

It *is possible to get vocally rejected on Facebook

Normally, when I get Facebook friend requests from people and I don't want to confirm them, I just ignore them. I let them sit there. They don't bother me, and that way the person never finds out I don't want to be their fauxbook friend, so everyone's happy. But, today, I tried to friend Allie Brosh's (of Hyperbole and a Half) character Spaghatta Nadle on the facebook, and this is what happened.


I mean... goddamn. Ouch. Rejected by a fictitious noodle with a speech impediment on a fucking social networking site. And how exactly can one have "too many friends"? Is that some kind of psychiatric disorder, like schizophrenia? Too-many-friend-ia?

Good to know the noodle is single though. I'll find a way in there. I'll break the carbohydrate barrier. Oh, I will.

Happy weekend, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. That's weird. I was going to say that Allie probably stopped accepting friend requests, but in that case there wouldn't even be a request button, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you can only have up to 5000 friends or something on a basic facebook account...man, if only i were so popular that i had "too many" friends. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fb has implemented a 5,000-friend limit. That's probably the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And she hasn't posted anything about the Nadle on her site in so long I'm having withdrawal pangs. The too many friends thing is very disconcerting...very.

    http://www.apackalipsnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. No. She didn't stop accepting friends. She posted about her frustration with Facebook limiting her friends. She started a new Facebook page. Here is the link. If it doesn't work, just do a search for Hyperbole and a Half on FB.

    http://www.facebook.com/staceyob1?ref=profile#!/pages/Hyperbole-and-a-Half/103009646411654?v=info

    ReplyDelete