Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Checkity check check

Checking things off a list of things to do is like the most satisfying thing ever. This morning after the gym and on my way to work I dropped my dress off at the dry cleaners. I guess when I don't have a physical list to check off, I feel compelled to say it out loud so I feel like I accomplished something, because as I drove away I said, "Check!" out loud to myself while listening to NPR. It's the little things, really.

Also it's been a productive Getting Ready for New York (GRNY) day. I have e-mailed and talked on the phone with several people up there, and I got a response to an internship application! I am very excited about this. I have to answer some questions for them and send them responses by tomorrow. They are making final decisions by the end of the week. Without an in-person interview, I'm not getting my hopes up too much. But fingers crossed, nonetheless.

Also, for all you Southern readers who also dream of NYC, there is a large community of Southerners from SEC schools who regularly meet for happy hours, etc. in the city. Here is the link with contact info for the Ole Miss group in NYC. For other schools, just Google "greater New York (insert school here) alumni association" or something like that. I am really excited about this because I am cheesy and can't wait to watch Ole Miss football in a Manhattan bar filled with other Ole Miss fans. Oh, and $4 well dranks don't hurt either, nomesayin?

Majorly yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment