Thursday, December 11, 2008

Over driving

One of the myriad reasons I am so looking forward to moving to NYC is that I really hate driving. Well, I don't hate the act of driving itself, I just hate that there are other people on the road who think they have the right to drive at the same time I am driving. I mean WTF? I am very impatient with stupid people and bad drivers, I drive offensively, and I yell a lot. All of these reasons probably relate to my getting in a minor fender bender last month. Suck.

This is what I drove to work in this morning.


In case you can't tell, it's rainy and thundery and windy and nasty. It has been raining since approximately 10 last night, and it hasn't stopped. As a result I drove through several huge puddles on my way to work. Vom.

Anyway, I can't wait to not have to worry about it anymore. Of course my dislike of driving will probably be replaced by a general dislike of public transit, because the grass is always greener I guess. And I suppose walking in the rain is going to suck more than driving in it. But for right now I am so looking forward to walking everywhere and taking the subway and the occasional splurge-y cab ride.

E-mail of the day from a senior editor at a huge mag in NYC: "Sorry for my MIA-ness—just been busy over here!"

I quickly forgave her, because obvs anyone who says "MIA-ness" is meant to be my BFF.

Majorly yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment