Sunday, December 13, 2009

Santa Claus is comin' to... train!

You may recall that a couple of weeks ago I made the statement (and I quote): I fully expect to see Santa on the subway before the month is over. If I don't, I will be seriously disappointed. 

I guess the blogods were listening.



















I saw not one but four Santas trolling the NYC subways. I could unfortunately only get a photo of them from behind (TWSS) because my friend J and I had to walk the other direction to make our transfer. Well, that, and Santas move fast. During our walk she said, "Isn't today SantaCon or something like that? All these people dress as Santa and do a pub crawl."

1. Stop acting like these four people I saw in the subway weren't the real Santa. I don't appreciate being lied to.
2. New York is fucking awesome.

15 comments:

  1. Nothing is worse than trying to explain to a small kid that seeing 4 santas are just Santa's helpers... especially when that child wants to see the real thing.,...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a skinny Santa on the subway wearing Pumas...If you're going to dress up... dress up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it Santacon this weekend? Or sometime this week... It's the best city holiday tradition ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only thing better would have been 5 Santas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel bad for the parents who have to explain to their children how it was possible to have so many Santas in one place at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahaha i think i'm obsessed with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you seen the movie Fred Clause. Its pretty hilarious - but he gets chased down by some Santas in NY. Typical. Bar crawling & Beat downs...typical New Yoker Santas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha I love this...I saw some on the subway while in the city this past Friday...I believe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got it!I got one!!
    Merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  10. im new but really like yourblog and totaly LOVE NYC~~~~keep going and happy holiday wishes from Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. there is nothing like having to tell my sisters children that santa isn't real when they see that kinda things on the bus's over here.some how that turned in to Santa was dead don't ask me how it just did. so nice picture it brings back great memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are lucky!! See one Santa is a good sign, see four of them must be perfect, you will have a lot of presents, I'm sure!!

    Merry Christmas from Spain and from my blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Only in the Big Apple! HAHA
    <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I find it hilarious that 4 of them would travel together. Guess it's a good thing most people tell their kids the real Santa is at the north pole and the ones we see are helpers, cuz that could've been messy otherwise. Annnnnd, I think I am pretty obsessed with this blog. Best thing I think "blogs of note" has done so far.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Let me guess you saw those Santas on Saturday right? I saw them too over in the East Village 14th and 1st Ave! That's too funny I wanted to take a pic too but I was on the opposite side of the platform.

    Sherwyn
    http://infolookup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete