Friday, December 11, 2009

Schmom B. Says

Sigh, I dropped the ball on the Schmom B. Says feature. It's been like at least a month since I posted one. Well, Schmom B. came through last night with the following e-mailed words of wisdom, this time totally unsolicited by me. (Usually she doles them out in response to a pitiful text message or phone call from yours truly about how I miss my ex or work is hard or blablabla other uninteresting things about my life.) This just further illustrates that Schmom B. is the best.


Schmom B. Says: Don't forget, you are loved

Hey sweetie,

Heard something today that's very meaningful to me.  Struck me, you would appreciate it too.  "Scars remind us where we've been; they don't have to dictate where we're going." Something else I read:  "We tend to seek happiness when happiness is actually a choice." Happy "two weeks before Christmas."  See you soon.  Take care.  I love you.

Mom




This honestly couldn't have come at a better time. The city's been closing in, and I've been feeling really anxious, and my inner peace has slipped away from me, and I needed a reminder that I have people who love me, even if some of them are way down South in Alabama. 

Up here in the city, feels like things are closing in;
The sunset's just my light bulb burning out.
I miss Kentucky, and I miss my family;
All the sweetest winds they blow across the South...


Ugh please forgive me for the excessive song lyric usage recently.  I sort of hate myself for it.... but I just watched this live version of Ryan Adams' Oh My Sweet Carolina, and it made me cry more than anyone should ever cry in a public place ever. I actually had to stop watching. Self-sustenance. Shake it out.

13 comments:

  1. Hey, don't apologize....I get that way whenever I hear any sort of Hawaiian music or worse if I hear the Hawaiian Airline commercial... reminds me of my bf. Its that time of year, month, whateva...u aren't alone...just keep journaling it will get u thru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting insights. Keep up the good writing - it's enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever read "Bright Lights, Big City"? Now might not be the ideal time ... but I feel like you and Jeff McInerney might have a lot in common. Hell, I feel like reading that book again when work is sorta womp womp womp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Scars remind us where we've been; they don't have to dictate where we're going."
    This quote really resonated with me. Thanks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just thought I'd stop by to say hi. I found you through the Blogs of Note. I've read through most of your blog and have been so transfixed by your journey. I'm probably attracted to your blog because your story reminds me of my daughter who is 25. She too moved far from home to live out her dream. She moved from Arizona to DC. She loves it there and has no plans of ever moving back. While this makes me sad I'm so happy that she's living her dream. I love your mom's words of wisdom, I try to do that for my daughter as well. Thanks for sharing your experiences, you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you going home for the christmas? If not, you should.I think you have a case of home sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny how the things you need always come at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ~M: thank you for sharing your well written thoughts. I can "feel" your stories and I admire your honest self-exploration. I also quote song lyrics and attempt poetry...sometimes that's the only way I can express myself. Whatever works, right? I hope you enjoy your visit home in the peaceful South. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete