Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Unabridged Blackberries to Apples Bloglossary: Addendum


I've been periodically adding some entries to the bloglossary I wrote in September, and I thought I would write a short addendum with the new entries. You know, just so y'all can upgrade your daily vocab.












Bish

Function: noun
Etymology: Harlem high schoolers
Date: 2009
Definition: Bitch. Often followed by "plz."

Def
Function: affirmation
Etymology: Hautey Toddy-based abbrevs
Date: 2007
Definition: Definitely.

Lolx
Function: verb/adjective/adverb/noun
Etymology: Can I get some lolx cream cheese on my bagel?
Date: October 2008
Definition: Lolz to the max.

Nom
Function: verb, adjective, nom
Etymology: LOLcats?
Date: 2008
Definition: Mmmmmmdeliciousfood.

Obvs
Function: adverb?
Etymology: Hautey Toddy abbrevs
Date: 2007
Definition: Obviously.

Sombish
Function: noun, indefinite
Etymology: Gchat, as per yooj
Date: 2009
Definition: Some bitch.

More TK.

No comments:

Post a Comment